1. this news is bullshit.
2. if it’s not bullshit, she’s the greatest lipsyncer of all time. seriously.
3a. pre-recording a studio version for huge live events is nothing new… technical issues, performer illness, having a backup is good policy and these things need to be accounted for when dealing with millions and millions of viewers for a live event. This is standard operating procedure and proves nothing.
3b. she would have had to record on the same mic as the one used live, replete with plosives (the low end issues that come with “P” and “WH” consonants that move a lot of air across the mic’s diaphragm which are apparent in the live audio).
3c. you’d think she would have cleaned up a Mariah-esque vocal run or two, as opposed to the ones that got slightly away from her on the broadcast.
3d. the removal of her earpiece also proves nothing, this is fairly standard for one-off songs where there’s a dynamic or loud portion that is impossible to account for in “rehearsals” for an event of this magnitude, and I don’t understand those who see this as some sort of visual commitment to performance “deceit.”
3e. we’re really expected to believe that she’s lined up every visible breath and lip move perfectly with a recording that was done just before the event and with little rehearsal? This is an impossible task. Impossible. Unless she’s the absolute best lipsyncer of all time, as I said. I mean, by like a lot.
4. can anyone point me to a link that isn’t behind the paywall at UK’s The Times? Do they have anything more than “The Times has learned…” or “Here’s a picture of Beyonce in a recording studio with some Marine Corps people holding sheet music”? I say they’re just jealous of America’s epic singing talent. Heh. :)
Basically, if she’s lipsyncing, then I’m Jay-Z.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- eatcigarettes-drinkwater reblogged this from tarynnjanine
- eusouderadio reblogged this from newsweek and added:
- eusouderadio likes this
- allivictoria likes this
- nudawn reblogged this from apoplecticskeptic and added:
- localweeklypaper likes this
- ee-liza-beth reblogged this from newsweek
- kidnostalgic likes this
- scalem4t3 likes this
- gabbyg likes this
- elleneichner likes this
- runfromhome likes this
- a-eliz likes this
- dreams--while--cook--ing likes this
- whoasaywhaa likes this
- tantializing likes this
- withlovemia reblogged this from newsweek
- pensivepusher reblogged this from inthemess and added:
- alkemaster likes this
- kaelenkl likes this
- inpursuitofbeautifulanguage reblogged this from newsweek
- max-gluteus likes this
- tomefirst reblogged this from pseudobabbler and added:
- theswaggeringcripple reblogged this from spicelana and added:
- bitches-n-shit reblogged this from newsweek
- cupof-jo reblogged this from newsweek
- diecisiete-anos likes this
- oscalito likes this
- knowgravity likes this
- thejuanreyes likes this
- jh1fxc likes this
- -miavita likes this
- simplyrissie reblogged this from theycallmemiketaylor
- lovelifelaurennn reblogged this from peroxides
- chapstiq789 likes this
- gimmemomajic reblogged this from apoplecticskeptic
- shishig reblogged this from apoplecticskeptic
- tchlow likes this
- becomingbrey reblogged this from newsweek
- snoop7007 likes this
- totaldeparture likes this
- palefoot likes this
- indianaminute likes this
- meghaninmotion likes this
- mentxlist reblogged this from theycallmegomer
- theycallmegomer reblogged this from newsweek
- sarahismiles5 likes this
- thenostalgicaesthetic likes this