Can anyone confirm that, if I have an unlimited data plan on my iPhone, I’m able to continue to use anything over WiFi that I would here in the States and not worry about too much of anything with regard to extra charges?
I’m assuming the data packages available through AT&T are there to cover data usage while connected through their 3G networks… not over WiFi.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- jorshuwah answered: yup what everyone else said, if you want to use internet over 3G or something then buy another sim over there but wifi will be free usually
- dez-encontrar answered: Cara, independente do plano que você usa , a WiFi é livre, é só você ter a senha, i pronto, pode usar tranquilo, antes configure para WiFi .
- mings said: WiFi has nothing to do with your data plan. If you download data over the phone network whilst roaming, your network provider will charge like a wounded bull. As long as you stick to piggy-backing on WiFi hotspots, it’s free.
- prepstergrunge answered: You’re fine using anything over wifi while in Europe. It’d be like using an iPhone Touch. I’ve done it. It’s all there and no hidden charges.
- jakesalterego answered: Correct. If you use WiFi only, you are safe. I recommend shutting off the data option in your iPhone’s settings, just to be sure.
- bouffantofbaul said: Confirmed. If you have the switch flipped in your settings to not allow data roaming, you’re safe no matter what. If you unlock it (if you’re out of contract just call up AT&T) you can pop in a foreign SIM. Rates are cheap for pay as you go SIMs.
- savagemike answered: wi-fi does not count toward network usage, as you’re not using the cellular network.
- mumblinandfumblin answered: i was wondering this too, thanks
- neltron answered: Over wifi,you’ll be fine. Just make sure you switch off 3G, location services, data roaming, Cellular data.
- year36 answered: You can use wifi to your hearts content
- gonzni answered: I used my iphone in the UK, Belgium and Holland. I out ut on airplane mode (so as not to accidentally use my 3G) and connected through wifi
- mar-see-ah answered: if you turn off your data and only use wifi you will have no extra charges.
- obi-wankenblowme said: Yep, that’s right. I spent a semester in Germany with a bunch of other Americans, and they used their iPhones on the campus wireless constantly.
- biteofpythias answered: u can use wifi in europe no problem. just shut off data roaming unless u get a global data roaming plan! u can add one for just a month…
- apoplecticskeptic posted this